FRONT DESK COORDINATOR
About the practice
We are a cosmetic plastic surgery practice in Belle Meade, and our patients are accustomed to luxury-style customer service. As the Front Desk Coordinator you will enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting career, working with both patients and our providers, along with a great team. Our generous compensation package includes a full-time salary, benefits and the opportunity to work in an elegant, professional and well-equipped work environment. You must be a self-starter, professional, confident and embrace the world of beauty and style.
About the position
From answering calls, managing inquiries, and conducting recalls, to talking with patients regarding surgical and non-surgical procedures and retail products, our Front Desk Coordinator is a naturally fast-paced individual who effectively multitasks and communicates with a high degree of professionalism. Our practice management software requires proficiency in computer operations and an ability to use critical thinking skills.
The successful candidate:
- Acts as host/hostess, warmly greeting patients to ensure a friendly and efficient patient experience when patients visit the practice.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to patient’s needs and requirements for confidentiality and timeliness making sure the appropriate staff members are notified of their arrival and given any pertinent information about the appointment and that no patient waits more than 5 minutes without it being addressed.
- Has primary responsibility for answering phones and directing all calls to the appropriate person.
- Supports all staff with delivery of information regarding patients in a timely manner.
- Manages all provider schedules to maximize availability for appointments and avoid any scheduling issues.
- Additional responsibilities include ordering skincare products and supplies, office and clerical supplies and making sure that the reception area is always clean and well stocked reflecting a desired impression.
- Maintains the monthly office staff calendar; notifies all staff of vacations, meetings, etc.
- Trains staff in the correct front office procedures of check-in, check-out and scheduling, including use of software for printing patient correspondence.
The successful candidate will bring a demonstrated experience in retail customer service with an ability to schedule appointments and manage payment collections – all while remaining poised and professional. A college degree is preferred; a strong retail customer service background is required. Experience in dermatology, plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery is a significant advantage. Bilingual abilities are a plus.
To be considered, candidates must submit to email@example.com the following:
- A cover letter that exemplifies your ability to communicate effectively in writing, while detailing how your skills and experience uniquely qualify you for this position
- A current resume
- A recent photograph
- Please note “Front Desk Coordinator” in the subject line
**No phone calls or drop-ins regarding this position please.
Successful applicants will be contacted when the recruitment process begins. If we see an immediate match between your qualifications and our requirements, we will contact you directly within two weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, please assume that we do not have an appropriate opportunity at this point, but we will certainly keep your CV on file and be in touch should any appropriate vacancies arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma; college degree preferred.
Experience in sales or service industry.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Warm and pleasant personality and disposition.
Exceptional verbal and written communication.
Demonstrates superior telephone and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates neat and orderly work habits.
Works well with co-workers.
Is friendly, engaged and compassionate with patients.
Works independently, has the ability to identify and solve problems.
Has the ability to multitask; manages and completes multiple projects simultaneously.
Has positive “can do” attitude.
Trustworthy and bond-able.
Maintains the reception area – restocking waters, fluffing pillows, organizing magazines, picking up trash, etc., to ensure an inviting space for our patients.Greets and orients patients as they arrive for their appointments.
Answers the phone in a friendly and helpful manner.
Relays all information regarding patients to nurses, doctor or staff members.
Maintains organized patient files. Replacing old and worn out files if necessary.
Makes certain that patient files are ready and charge sheets are attached.
Maintains smooth operation of appointment scheduler, check-in and check-out
Registers/check-in all patients; ensure that personal information including cell phone and email are complete and correct.
Assists patients as they check out - scheduling next appointment, completing the sales receipt, accepting payment, Brilliant Distinction rebates,etc.
Reviews all daily Sales Receipts in QuickBooks for accuracy.
Completes credit card transactions, tip additions and batching and reconciles with sales receipts.
Reschedules no show or cancellation patients.
Makes Patient appointment phone call reminders being sure to deliver any important information necessary to patients regarding the appointment.
Prepare new patient information packages.
Manage inventory of office and clerical supplies and reorder as necessary.
Scan all invoices and receipts in a timely and correct manner (weekly).
Prepare Purchase Orders for all skincare and injectable orders.
Receive all skincare and injectables products and reconcile against the Purchase Orders.
Serves as back up to PCC for preparing patient correspondence and mailing.
Review, copy, and distribute correspondence/mail to appropriate parties.
Follow all office opening and closing procedures including end of day balancing of sales receipts with credit card charges.
Performs other duties and tasks as needed.
Typical working hours for this position:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Thursday
8:00 am – 1:00 pm Friday with additional hours as required