Surgical and Non-Surgical Procedures for Men at Nashville Cosmetic Surgery
More and more men in Nashville, Tennessee, are turning to plastic surgery to feel better, look younger, and help improve their confidence to compete in their careers. Whether they are beginning to see the effects of aging, or are simply self-conscious about a particular aspect of their face or body, men are opting for cosmetic surgery as a solution in both their business and personal lives. Dr. Griffin gets great satisfaction from helping many men gain a new sense of body confidence.
Nashville Cosmetic Surgery offers men everything from simple skincare to injectables to cosmetic surgery. Our most frequently performed male cosmetic surgical procedures include eyelid surgery, liposuction, abdominoplasty, face and neck lifting, and male breast reduction (gynecomastia).
Men can have stubborn areas of excess fat and/or excess skin on their bodies that don't improve with diet and exercise. Dr. Griffin specializes in several body contouring procedures for men, such as:
- Liposuction - Like women, men will find certain areas of their body are resistant to change regardless of diet and exercise. Men tend to have their excess fat in their abdomen and flanks or "love handles" instead of the thighs like most women. Liposuction is a great method for body contouring in these areas.
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) and Lipoabdominoplasty are common procedures done in men who have excess skin and fat in their midsection. Abdominoplasty or lipoabdominoplasty can produce a flatter, tighter, more aesthetically appealing stomach.
If you are interested in minimizing the signs of aging or want to change certain facial features, you may want to consider one of our facial cosmetic procedures.
- Face lift procedures designed for men can be an effective way to minimize unwanted effects produced by age, stress, and exposure to the sun. In men, the focus of the lift is to remove excess skin from the lower face and neck area. Incisions are hidden around the ear. The approach that can be discussed during your private consultation with Dr. Griffin.
- Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is the number one cosmetic surgery procedure performed on men today. It is designed to correct drooping upper eyelids and puffiness around the eyes. More and more men are choosing this procedure as a way of rejuvenating the face and eliminating signs of aging.
- Brow lift/forehead lift surgery is an excellent way to address the eyebrow drooping and forehead creasing that come with age.
- Neck liposuction has become increasingly popular among men of all ages as it is a relatively minor procedure that gives dramatic results. Patients have much more chiseled neck and jawline, look younger and have an appearance of overall weight loss.
- Chin augmentation (implants) can provide balance to the face as it strengthens the chin. Younger men with good skin tone but an ill-defined neck often benefit from liposuction along with a chin implant for a stronger, more masculine profile.
- Male Ear Surgery (reshaping) can be used to reshape and re-contour the ears for an improved appearance. Ears that are disproportionately large or that protrude can be corrected with this procedure.
Male Breast Reduction Surgery
If you have gynecomastia or excess male breast tissue, you know how it can make you feel. Simple things like wearing a tight fitting t-shirt to work out or going shirtless at the pool are not in your repertoire. Male breast reduction surgery to correct gynecomastia is becoming a popular cosmetic surgery procedure among men. Men of all ages develop gynecomastia, or enlarged male breasts. Gynecomastia is more common with obesity and may not resolve with weight loss. It can also occur from endocrine disorders, anabolic steroid use, drug use, and sometimes for unknown reasons. Gynecomastia is common in boys going through puberty, but usually resolves when puberty ends.
Gynecomastia in puberty or caused by endocrine disorders often resolves on its own or will resolve after treating any underlying medical conditions. In other cases, gynecomastia persists and surgical treatment may be necessary. Excess breast tissue can either be fatty or fibrous in consistency. Generally, liposuction is used to remove excess fat from the breasts, but fibrous breast tissue must be directly excised with a surgical incision. Sometimes a combination of the two techniques is needed. Excess breast skin in weight loss patients may require a skin tightening procedure in addition to the removal of excess breast tissue.
Non-invasive techniques, such as injectables and fillers and a new radio frequency technology called Exilis® have become man's (new) best friend.
Utilizing injectables like Botox® and Dysport® and fillers, Dr. Griffin is able to erase the stressful expressions characterized by the creases between the eyebrows and scowling lines in the forehead. In a short 15 minute session, transverse lines and crow's feet disappear, creating a more relaxed, less stressed out, more youthful appearance.
Exilis® is a new ground breaking technology that uses heat to tighten skin and reduce unwanted pockets of fat. For those patients who are good candidates for this treatment, there is no downtime and in 4 -6 treatments of 30 minutes to 1 hour you can see the results.
Nashville Cosmetic Surgery also offers a comprehensive clinical skin care program to reverse the damage to your skin from the effects of time and lifestyle and give your skin a clean slate. Our licensed aestheticians use Microdermabrasion and chemical peels and at home care regimens specifically designed for men, to help you combat skin imperfections, acne and premature signs of aging.