Nashville Cosmetic Surgery: Don Griffin, MD
4322 Harding Pike #314
Nashville, TN 37205
Phone: (615) 321-1003
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Friday: 8 a.m.–1 p.m.
CORRECTING BREAST ASYMMETRY AT NASHVILLE COSMETIC SURGERY
You don’t have to live with breasts that are mismatched in size and shape. Dr. Griffin’s skill in breast augmentation and breast asymmetry correction has earned him a dedicated following of patients in Nashville and throughout Tennessee.
When family traits, changes during pregnancy, or trauma have left your breasts looking dramatically different from each other, this imbalanced shape can affect your self-confidence and sense of attractiveness. Dr. Griffin is highly skilled and experienced in evaluating and treating these conditions and has a commitment to helping each of his patients achieve the most natural-looking results possible. Each woman’s body and circumstances are different, which is why it is important to request a complimentary consultation to discuss your options.
WHAT BREAST ASYMMETRY CORRECTION CAN DO:
- Restore a more even shape, volume, and position to the breast mound
- Refine the shape and dimensions of the breasts
- Address discrepancies in the position of the nipple or breast crease
- Correct imbalances resulting from mastectomy, family traits, physical trauma, or another surgeon’s unsuccessful surgery
- Help make activities like clothes shopping more enjoyable
PLANNING YOUR PROCEDURE
Dr. Griffin’s patients benefit significantly from his years of experience with breast surgeries. His training and interests in all aspects of breast surgery make him uniquely skilled and experienced to offer procedures with special attention to both aesthetic appeal and surgical precision.
Don Griffin M.D., FACS
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Don Griffin realizes that no two patients are exactly alike — and neither are his surgical plans. Learn more about his background and his unique approach.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Don Griffin realizes that no two patients are exactly alike — and neither are his surgical plans. Learn more about his background and his unique approach.Meet Dr. Griffin Request a Consultation
Each breast asymmetry patient in Nashville is unique, so Dr. Griffin will carefully examine your medical history , your current breast shape, and your desires before recommending a specific, personalized approach focused on your goals in order to help you plan a procedure that creates the appearance you want.
TYPICAL CHOICES INVOLVED IN BREAST ASYMMETRY CORRECTION INCLUDE:
- Implant type and placement: Dr. Griffin’s extensive experience with the use of breast implants for breast asymmetry correction, enables him to choose from the entire collection of available breast implants (saline, standard silicone gel implants, or form-stable (“tear drop” or “Gummy Bear”) silicone gel implants. His analysis will help determine not only which implant best “fits” your situation, but also what incision and technique is best for your individual needs. In your consultation he will outline the benefits and trade-offs of each option to help you make the right personal decision unique to you and your body.
- Combination approaches: Due to the many variations of breast asymmetries, some require a more complex approach to achieve satisfying results. In some cases, implants with slight or greater size or shape differences may achieve the desired results. In other cases, it will be necessary to reposition the nipple, refine the areola, or adjust the position of the breast mound through breast lift which may also include an enlargement as well.
- Special considerations: Some women are born with breasts that never develop, chest muscles that are missing, or chest bone shapes that are uneven and unsightly. This can become a physical and emotional burden during teenage years when breast are normally developing. Childhood surgical procedures or trauma can also keep breasts from developing normally, and for mature women disease or cancer can result in partial or total breast removal and possible negative changes from radiation treatment.
"My whole life I spent all of my energy covering up my mismatched breasts. I am so grateful to you for your skills in making my breasts beautiful. I love the way I look."Read Testimonials
Dr. Griffin utilizes state-of-the-art techniques and facilities for each of his procedures so that his patients can rest assured that their safety and results are his utmost priority. All of Dr. Griffin’s procedures are in fully accredited surgical facilities, including The Atrium Atrium Plastic Surgery Center and The Women’s Hospital at Centennial Medical Center. Hotels are conveniently located for out-of-town patients.
BREAST ASYMMETRY CORRECTION SURGERY AND RESULTS
Breast asymmetry correction is performed under general anesthesia in a dedicated surgical center with the help of highly trained staff, who are also thoroughly experienced in post-surgical care.
Most breast asymmetry correction surgeries take only 1 to 2 hours to complete, although your situation may require additional time to refine particularly involved combination procedures. Depending on their procedure and healing abilities, most patients return to typical activities within two weeks, and any scarring will fade gradually over the following months.